What is ePay?
ePay is a secure web service that gives merchants the ability to accept credit card payments in Australian dollars through a web site, using the Camtech Merchant Server. Payments are processed securely in real time, and the response reported back to the web site. Funds are settled through the banking system on the next business day.
Merchants can host their secure pages and use ePay's API to integrate ePay transactions transparently into a web application, or use ePay's own secure hosted payment page and database to process and store transaction details.
How does ePay work?
A shopping cart or web site, hosted almost anywhere, posts transaction details to the ePay gateway via HTTPS or SOAP (XML), then waits for the response. ePay encrypts details such as credit card numbers and transaction value, so that only the payment gateway can decrypt them. Once decrypted, the request is passed into the bank network for real time approval. On approval or decline, the result is logged and reported to the merchant’s shopping cart application and then to the customer (with ePay API) or the secure result page (with ePay Payment Page).
How do I get my money?
All ePay merchants require bank approval to process Internet transactions - an Internet merchant ID. Payments can be cleared through any of the following banks:
- Bank of Melbourne
- National Australia Bank
- St George
Both American Express and Diners are normally cleared directly.
Payments are processed in real time, and normally funds are settled the next business day into the merchant's bank account through the banking interchange system.
Which credit cards can I accept?
Buyers can use the following cards:
- American Express
- Diners Card
Is it secure?
Multibase is proud to be a partner of Camtech eCommerce, a member of the SecurePay group. Camtech provides the interface to the banking system.
Latest security protocols
In today’s ecommerce world, security is paramount. ePay does not store customers’ credit card details, and personal details are encrypted with industry-standard SSL. ePay and the Camtech payment system also support the new security protocols required by banks and card issuers including:
- CVC/CVV2 checking (the security code printed on credit cards), which aims to ensure that the person conducting the transaction is in possession of the credit card.
- 3D-Secure (Visa's Verified by Visa and Mastercard's SecureCode - a PIN number for Internet transactions). This aims to ensure that the person in possession of the card is the person who owns it.
How do I manage my ePay service?
All ePay merchants have access to the Merchant Administration Centre. Merchants can select, view and export complete transaction records in various formats, and perform manual transactions, preauthorisations and refunds.
What if I need help?
It's part of the service
The Multibase ePay payment gateway moves your business into the world of ecommerce.
- Discuss your needs with our consultant
- Perform payments, preauthorisations and settlements, refunds and queries in Australian dollars into Australian bank accounts
- Real time credit card clearance
- Multibase helps to arrange Merchant facility with bank of your choice
- Comprehensive online transaction reports
- "Plug in" or program in to your existing web site or shopping cart
- Your site can be hosted by Multibase or elsewhere
- Uses the Camtech merchant server
- Full documentation included
- Ongoing telephone and email support and training included